There’s another very important soccer game today (the last one of the season!) and I’m running around like crazy trying to finish some stuff before we head out right after lunch. We’ll be preparing tortilla to eat during half time (it’s a tradition here) and I’ll probably bake something if I have the time, too. These pancake muffins would have been perfect if there were any leftover from the weekend – not excessively sweet and extremely portable. They are definitely perfect for breakfast if you’re in a hurry.
Chocolate Chip Pancake MuffinsAdapted from Bakerella
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder (optional)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey (the original recipe called for maple syrup but I didn’t have any)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Grease 24 cup mini muffin pan with a bit of butter.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar and espresso powder if you’re using it.
- In another bowl, mix buttermilk, egg, honey and melted butter.
- Add the buttermilk mix to the flour mix, stir until just combined, and mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the mini muffin pan and bake for 8-9 minutes until golden brown and springy to the touch.