This is definitely not a traditional pizza dough, but it’s actually quite good – the best thin crust pizza I’ve ever had at home! I’m still looking for the perfect recipe, but in the meantime, this is definitely awesome. It takes almost no time to make and since you don’t need instant yeast (it uses baking powder as a leavening agent) you more than likely have every ingredient on hand in your cupboard. We topped our dough with mozzarella, sliced onions and zucchini and it was delicious. Plus, I froze half of the dough for another pizza sometime soon!
Yeast-free Thin Crust Pizza DoughRecipe from Cooks.com
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 6 Tsbp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- In a large bowl, stir all the ingredients together until dough forms and is no longer sticky. Knead dough for a minute or two while still in the bowl and form into a ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough on top of a pizza pan or oven sheet until very thin.
- Sprinkle preferred toppings (mozzarella, onions and zucchini in our case) and bake until cheese is bubbly or edges are golden brown.