Hey everyone! I have to apologize, again, since I ran into some issues with the blog on Wednesday evening. Apparently someone hacked into the webpage through a script my theme uses. I really hope everything is up and running properly now, this time for good. Today I bring you a recipe my boyfriend invented… I rarely ate rice before he started making this dish and now we eat it quite a bit although I’m not a huge fan of heavy cream, so I always ask him to substitute part of it for milk, haha. It’s delicious though! As most savory recipes, the quantities are approximate, you can definitely tweak them.
We’re having dinner with some friends today (they have some sort of surprise planned for us) and we’re going to a wedding after party tomorrow, can’t wait! It’s pretty common here to have smallish weddings and then invite more people over for the dancing part of the evening. The problem is that I’m not sure what to wear…
Chicken Curry Over Rice
- 1/2 chicken breast
- 1 small onion or half a large one
- white wine
- 2-3 tsp curry
- 120ml heavy cream
- 2% milk
- salt, pepper
- rice (you can boil a cup of it while the chicken/curry cooks)
- Dice the chicken breast, add salt and pepper, and sauté it over high heat until golden. Take it out while still undercooked (you’ll add it later on and it’ll finish cooking).
- Dice the onion and cook it in the same pan, over medium heat, with a bit more olive oil and salt. When it almost done, turn up the heat and add a bit of white wine. Let the alcohol evaporate.
- Sprinkle the curry on top, over medium heat again. Add the heavy cream and stir well. Add a bit of milk if it’s too dense. Add in the chicken again, stir, and let it cook for another minute or two until the chicken is done. Serve over rice and enjoy!