Besides everything wedding-related (the big board with the escort cards is done!), we’ve also managed to rebuild the pallet seating area. I’m still in the process of staining everything, but hopefully it’ll be done in time for a big reveal on Monday. In the meantime, here’s another recipe from the wedding menu. Have a great weekend!
- 3 eggplants
- 1 garlic
- 1.75 oz (50 g) olive oil
- Pita bread, to eat as a dip
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Clean the eggplants and poke a few holes in them with a knife.
- Wrap the garlic with aluminum foil.
- Bake the eggplants and the wrapped garlic for approximately 45 minutes or until the eggplants are cooked.
- Peel the eggplants (be careful not to burn yourself!) and puree them after draining them (keep the water they have), together with the peeled garlic, olive oil and salt, until an homogenous mix forms. If the mixture is too thick add a bit of the water from the eggplants.
- Serve with pita bread, cut into triangles, or pita chips if you prefer.