There’s less than a month left for the wedding (September 7th!) and we still have quite a few things to do so we’ve been running around like crazy trying to finish things up this week. We’ve done quite a few…
- Finished the paperwork for the marriage license
- The wedding signs are done (there’s a ton of them)
- So is the wedding decor, mostly
- Bought water glasses, serving ware, big plastic boxes to carry all the plates, the other spigot for the milk can
- Researched lighting options
- Hatched a plan for the ceremony backdrop
- The seating plan is also done – so glad to cross this off my list
… but we still have tons of stuff on our list, just to name a few:
- Find earrings and take shoes to be stretched (again) (the left shoe now fits but the right one doesn’t)
- Decide on lighting and sound
- Finish the recipe book and upload it to all 70 USB drives (yikes)
- Figure out how many drinks and ice we’ll need to buy for the day
- Talk to one or two students who’ll come to help stock the buffet, serve drinks, clean up, etc.
- Finish a lot of things that are almost-done-but-not-quite
We’re trying to take this one step at a time, and hopefully everything will get done. Thankfully my boyfriend’s on vacation for the next couple of weeks and I don’t have a ton of things to work on (other than finish a paper and prepare for the Dallas conference that’s a week after the wedding) so we have enough time, I think. For the next several days, though, we’ll be enjoying the festivities in the area (which mostly happen at night so I don’t take my camera with me) and relaxing a bit from wedding planning. I’ll be back with another recipe from the wedding menu on Friday though!