Happy New Year(‘s Eve) everyone! I’m making tonight’s dessert as I speak, but I wanted to pop in on the last day of the year to share my goals for 2013. But first, let’s talk about how I did on my goals for this year…
- Organization was my number one home-improvement goal and I’m pretty happy with the results. The living room built-ins are organized, so is the secret storageroom and (most of) our closets. I also tackled paper clutter, shoe and tool storage. The guest bedroom closet needs some more love though, things tend to get messy in there.
- The second most important goal was to make the bookcases we had in the living room shorter and built-in. We did that in January/February and although it was a huge project that involved moving radiators around, chopping up cabinets, adding and moving outlets, and working with drywall, the results were 100% worth it.
- Build a liquor cabinet. We scratched this one from the list because we were able to fit all of our booze inside the built-ins so we don’t need it.
- A new mattress/bed. We didn’t buy a new mattress because we’ve both been fine lately regarding our backs, but we (well, Andoni) did manage to remove the foot of the bed to give the bedroom an airier feeling.
- Finish the drying rack area and other pending projects. We did finish the drying rack, the trunk for the cushions and the outdoor kitchen, but the painted stools were a total fail. I’m starting to realize I should just buy a couple of nice stools and get it over with.
- We also managed to switch both pedestal sinks for vanities, which definitely helped in the organization department.
- And regarding the personal goals, I accomplished almost all of them – except the “planning more day trips”. Complete fail on that one. So I’m adding it again to next year’s list. Also “taking more/better pictures” could use a lot of improvement.
And the goals for 2013…
- Open up a window/pass through between the kitchen and the living room. We’re very very excited about this one, we’ll start with it as soon as we finish smoothing down the walls from the last “room” at my parents’ house.
- Build a cover for the freezer trunk that’s outdoors.
- Tidy and redo the heater and washing machine area.
- Install the outdoor lights (which we bought for the wedding with the intention of using in our patio).
- DIY a busroll sign for our bedroom.
- Build a bench/bookcase for the closet area of our bedroom.
- Put the finishing touches in the master bathroom (a small stool, some art).
- Change the Poang chair in our living room for something better looking.
- Make the “guestbook” and wedding album.
- And this is the OH I WISH item of the list: change the kitchen countertops. I’m pretty sure we won’t get to it though.
So that’s 2012 in the blog, plus a preview of what to expect next year. I hope you have a fabulous NYE and here’s to an awesome 2013!